Last modified: May 22, 2020
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, including any websites of our divisions, subsidiaries, or affiliates (collectively, the “Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect
- On or through the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services, if such advertising includes one or more links to the Website or this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by
- us offline or through any other means (including your comments, posts or other responses with respect to Blue Summit’s social media accounts or pages); or
- third party applications or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Policy below). Your continued use of the Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal information under one or more applicable laws (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually, but does not identify you, such as browser settings, information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
We collect this information
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website; and/or
- from third parties, including our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect through the Website includes
- Information you provide by completing forms on the Website. This includes information provided when submitting information through a “Contact Us” form, ordering products, or requesting services.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your purchase orders. You will be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your device, browsing actions, and patterns, including
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below for additional details.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Website;
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited specific pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information
- to present the Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with notices about your orders, including receipts or tracking information;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our products and services that may be of interest to you. Please see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below for additional details.
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Information
Blue Summit processes personal information about you: with your consent; as part of a contractual agreement; or as necessary to provide the Website or related services to you, operate its business, meet its contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of the Website, and fulfill other legitimate interests.
Disclosure of Your Information
We disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Our service providers include our e-commerce platform providers; our credit card payment processors; our vendors who provide order fulfillment, returns, refunds, and exchanges; and our loyalty/rewards program vendor.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Blue Summit’s, its affiliates’ or its subsidiaries’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by such entity about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blue Summit, its affiliates, its subsidiaries, their respective customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or contact information used by Blue Summit to market our products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the applicable communication, or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Other Choices. To the extent required by applicable law, we provide you with (a) reasonable access to the personal information collected through the website, and (b) the ability to correct, export, suspend processing, or delete your personal information. If you would like to submit a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals in the European Union: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe we have processed your personal data in a manner inconsistent with your privacy rights. We kindly request that you contact us first so that we may address your concern.
The Website may contain links to third-party websites; however, please be aware that Blue Summit is not responsible for, and cannot control, the privacy practices of these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies for these other websites prior to using them, as their privacy practices may differ from ours.
International Data Transfers
Blue Summit’s headquarters are in the United States and personal information collected through the Website will be processed in the United States.
Individuals in the European Union: The United States has not received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR. We rely on derogations for specific situations set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR in order to transfer your personal information across international borders. In particular, we collect and transfer personal information outside of the EU only: (a) with your consent; (b) to perform a contract with you; or (c) to fulfill other compelling legitimate interests in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
Blue Summit provides commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information it processes through the Website. Please be aware that no security system is foolproof. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to us and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information.
Blue Summit stores your personal information for as long as needed: (i) to conduct business with you; (ii) as needed for the purposes outlined in this Policy or at the time of collection; or (iii) as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce any agreements.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children as defined by applicable law. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected information from a child, please contact us so we can promptly delete the information.
Changes to Our Policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by e-mail to the e-mail address provided by you, if you have provided one, or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page.
To ask questions about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Blue Summit Supplies
2620 Clinton Avenue West, Suite D
Huntsville, AL 35805